View Single Post
      06-01-2022, 06:18 AM   #30
l8nit3
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328XI

Garage List
The tips you have suggested have been ordered. Wow lol. By the time I'm done here I 'm going to have a whole new set of skills

While I wait on the shipping (Thursday), after removing and reseating the accentuator motor, I now have a 3rd fault code popping up.

0x23A9 - I believe this is simply just about accentuator shaft positioning being incorrect, as I may not have put it back exactly at the right angle. I did the 'turn clockwise with 4mm hex until resistance, then undo all bolts, then turn counter-clockwise until it pops out'. However may have over or under rotated the motor on removal or re-installation (I assume thats the only real cause here)

Now, I have done a delete and re-learn of the VVT stops with INPA, and although it claims it ran successfully , there is no difference.

Is there somewhere I can test with my current DVM to see if the signals (forward, backward) are actually being sent and received? I watched a video that involved a diagnosing light of sorts to verify that the signal at least made it to the VVT motor, however not quite sure how to complete the test.

Also, does the lack of any change after learning the stops maybe allude to a cause for my initial 2 codes?

Last edited by l8nit3; 06-03-2022 at 09:15 PM..
Appreciate 0