View Single Post
      04-01-2020, 12:28 PM   #3
The Pork Hunt
Rep
Drives: 2009 e90 335i xdrive msport

Okay, I found my BT cable I forgot all about and scoured for codes. I pulled two codes 55c3 and 5f2f related to TC, the transmission has no codes stored though.

I was originally thinking solenoids and/or that sealing sleeve but shifting is butter smooth all the time except for full throttle, high rpm shifts right now. There will be a delay then a hard thump as it goes into the next gear, then I lose xdrive and the dash lights up, no tranny limp or codes or anything though. Only that one time did it not make it into the next gear and the tranny went into limp mode until I restarted the car. There is no hard downshifts or lurching when stopped, shifting is always smooth as silk in everyday driving. (I've had Alpina for 4-5 years now.)

I'll pull the TC Actuator when I get a chance and see if there's any visible issues with the unit. Otherwise I'm thinking its the TC itself, since in the very cold weather a while ago the car would just lose xdrive while cruising on the highway in sixth, with no real throttle application. Maybe fluid pressure related from the cold but wouldn't I get codes thrown if that was the case? Anyone else experienced something similar?
Appreciate 0