12-22-2012, 12:37 PM   #206
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
So your fronts are 8J & ET20,quite an aggressive offset,made worse by the coilovers,so I doubt you'll need spacers.
You might find that you need to reset the coilovers to a higher setting,to avoid the tyres catching.
I'd go with 215/35/19 which should achieve the stretched look you're after,the problem then leaves availability of manufacturers who do that size.

Falkens are available in both the 452 & 453 (no experience of the latter)
Nankang's are also available in that size.
Vreds are a no-no, and I've not checked Conti's,Pirelli or most of the big boys,as I doubted they'd do them,so worth checking.

Rears at 10J & ET40,good offset as it gives you room for manoeuvre on tyre sizes and spacers should you want them.

I'd go 265/30/19,which again will look stretched.
Both the Falken 452/3 are available,as are the Nankangs
You might be able to get away with a 5mm spacer,but until you try the wheels less any spacers you won't really know.
You can also always fanny around with the coilover settings (such a bonus over lowering springs) on the height,so you could go more on the spacer width,say 10mm.
Ian that's a massive help, thank you!

I was wrong, I believe the fronts are 8.5j. Rest remains the same. How does this change the dynamics in terms of which tyres to go for?

I'm happy to go Falken if they supply in that size so will take a look

Sam