View Single Post
      12-31-2007, 10:51 AM   #1
E90 335i
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

New mods for my car - VIP Tuning cold air intake and charge pipes - pictures inside

A lot of people were asking me for pictures of the VIP Tuning cold air intake and their charge pipes. Both have been released to market. When I took pictures, it was of the prototype unit that was thermal wrapped, both to protect identity a little and for heat issues. Now, the production unit comes powdercoated in wrinkle blue, black, or red. I am having the prototype on my car exchanged for a production unit.

Finally, here are the pictures of the production unit. I also got the charge pipes as well and here are the production pictures of that product. I cannot name prices as this violates E90 post's sponsorship rule. It seems like they can't match eyes with VIP on a sponsorship. That's too bad, I think he'd be absolutely a huge contributor on here.

Well, here it goes. Both units for me are working very well. Throttle response is increased, no limp modes or codes, and better power from both the CAI and the charge pipes on the cold side (throttle body side). I don't have any dynos yet, but from a customer's point of view, I'd do this again and I thought the prices were awesome so I couldn't resist.

JKim, can you stick this thread on your 335i performance modifications thread? I know you have an unofficial slot there.

Here's the pictures everybody has been waiting for. I can't find their website, so I guess it isn't up yet.
Without further ado, here are the pictures. I can answer any questions to the best of my ability. Or just email him and he can answer.

From what I understand, he also has a BOV kit that uses whatever BOV you chose for the same price. I need to get on that.

I really wish E90 Post would offer him some type of agreement on sponsorship, it would really be a huge benefit to have him here. I guess money is everything nowadays. Oh well.

VIP Tuning Cold Air Intake

VIP Tuning charge pipes and BOV (your choice of manufacture)

Overall, I understand that the charge pipes help with higher boost pressures because they don't flex and they hold boost pressur better because of increase in diameter and rigidity. Overall, it's a HP gain because you aren't losing boost.

So far, I really like them both. I haven't got the BOV yet, so I will need to get that and report back to you guys.
Appreciate 0