BeaterM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335XI (sold)/E92 M3 (sold)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalline View Post
Not entirely sure but mine shows an update to 4/2014 and but the car and most modules are I level 5/2010. So MHD probably does do some sort of update?

Unfortunately I think you are on the right track. You probably have to pay BMW to update/reset all the modules and test the communication. You could try to do that your self but I'm sure there is a deadline you are up against for MAC...
I think MHD does do some sort of update but from talking to other people, I don't think MHD modifies the existing BMW software; which is why there are guys with MHD or JB4 here (like you and a few in this thread) in Mass that are passing emissions no problem. I hope through all this my Alpina flash and my TPMS code out doesn't affect this whole thing (not sure why it would but this is Massachusetts). I am hoping this is just an non-authentic software version issue and it is as easy as an hour of diagnostics and an hour of updating to an authorized version.

At this point, I am not gonna do the state any favors. As far as I know, since the software couldn't connect with the DME, the system does not see me as being failed; only as a turnaway...so I think I will get in touch with a BMW dealer but I am gonna stretch it out as long as I can.

Last edited by BeaterM3; 10-19-2018 at 09:43 AM..
Appreciate 1