BeaterM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335XI (sold)/E92 M3 (sold)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpaul View Post
For the record, MHD does modify code in the DME, not the program code but the code controlling OBDII read access to certain memory areas so that you cannot read out the tune they sell you. However, this does not affect other OBDII calls. Also, I have coded out the TPMS as well, no problems with inspection. I have no experience with trans flashes but cannot immediately see why that would be a problem.

Your problem is unusual. It seemed most likely that the problem related to your PPK flash but the failure of a reflash at the dealer to solve the issue would argue against that. Except that BMW dealers are not savvy about software. They just rely on ISTA-D/P to tell them what to do and it is not always the right solution. Do you have BMW standard tools installed on a laptop, a K/D-CAN cable and a power source for keeping battery voltage up while flashing? If so, try reflashing the DME to stock yourself with WinKFP.
It's good to know you have passed with a TPMS code out (I figured it had nothing to do with emissions - Joe from TGS and the MAC center guys told me this as well).

We've already tried flashing back to stock with WINKFP. Still didn't connect to the emissions software.

BMW is now telling me that during the reprogramming (they actually reprogram all the modules when they do this I guess), the installation stopped and cancelled at the TCM/EGS module (Transmission module). The guys at the MAC centers did tell me that the emissions software first makes a connection with specific modules before connecting for emissions. There might be a chance the TCM is corrupt and causing a break in the connection loop; hence the no connection. But BMW doesn't think that the TCM module has any bearing on emissions though.

BMW said they have a couple more things they can troubleshoot but I have a feeling this whole problem lays within the TCM/EGS. Which would suck since I am trying to sell this thing and the last thing I want is to spend more $$ on it.
Appreciate 0