View Single Post
      12-06-2016, 10:00 AM   #32
boro92
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: audi s4 lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bNks334 View Post
Was the car kw tested already modified in the ways discussed here?

I only continue the conversation because I'm still trying to learn all this and bouncing ideas off people helps.

Stock car is tremendously underspring off the factory floor. There's no question stock spring rate is too low for performance driving and more traction. A 3400lb 135i msport has an effective wheel rate of 110lb/in f:r off the factory floor (1.2hz). A 2700lb economy car comes with effective wheel rates higher than that lol. A 3400lb car will easily take advantage of an effective wheel rate of 250+lb/in. That means an 800lb spring in the rear to achieve 1.8xhz...

The heart of my personal issue is, what am I really gaining, or attempting to accomplish, by stiffening up the front springs relative to the rear? Im modified as seen in my signature...

Can anyone speculate on the advantage/disadvantages there would be for me, given my particular mods, running 500/1000 springs vs 330/1000 (1.99hz/2.10hz or an effective spring rate of close to 300lb/in)? Car is aligned to front 0 toe/-1.5* and .15 toe-in/-1.6*
Post up an in-car driving vid where we can see the steering inputs when you are on track. That will very clearly indicate whether you need more front spring or not (as well as alignment changes).

Track day & Car setup blog
Appreciate 0