View Single Post
      12-07-2016, 06:32 PM   #40
nikitino25
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335i

Can anyone comment on the aforementioned ideal M-sport ride height and what it's supposed to look like on a rwd E92 coupe? Is the fender gap supposed to be the same front to rear? How much fender gap roughly? My car came with sport suspension originally and there was definitely a higher gap in front than the rear (stock sport) if I remember correctly which I always thought was due to U.S. regulations concerning ride height/pedestrians but maybe not. I now have KW clubsports and want to have them set to optimal ride height for high speed stability/handling vs outright traction; right now I have an almost 2-finger gap in front and almost a one finger gap in the rear. One thing I like about it this way is that it kind of levels the car out so it doesn't look like it's going downhill on level ground...do i need to raise the rear though to match the front (I don't have adjustable toe arms but am open to them)? Or raise both ends? Here's a pic of how my car sits....this is with 18" wheels by the way, M3 upper and lower control arms front and rear, and getting ready to slap on front and rear H&R sway bars. Sadly I haven't really taken advantage of my camber plates yet either, they are set right in the middle though I do have my shock tower pins pulled and last alignment I came away with neg 2 deg camber in both front and rear either side, .15 total toe (.07 and .08) in front and .17 total toe in rear (.09 and .08).....kind of weird that neg camber was pretty much the same front and rear, not sure that's ideal. I do plan on adjusting the front camber plates soon though for more neg camber in front....I guess what I'm trying to say is with these settings/parts and maybe a bit more front neg camber soon, what's my ideal ride height weighted toward high speed stability/handling? Or do I need to re-think my alignment first?
Attached Images

Last edited by nikitino25; 12-07-2016 at 07:04 PM..
Appreciate 0