View Single Post
      02-16-2009, 08:29 AM   #47
marconi118
Major
Rep
Drives: 06/07 e93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@ESS View Post
I do apologize if I didn't explain this better in previous posts. Let me clarify:

With each progressive Progman, BMW mostly makes emissions-related changes that mostly have little to no effect on performance. The US is very strict about things like this. However, occasionally, they do update a throttle curve, a wastegate control, a fuel pump threshold, a "tune detection" function, etc. If a new Progman contains a change that shows a marked improvement in the ESS mules, these changes are blended into the current flash. Even before that though, ESS figured out most of the changes BMW has made since 23.2 long before BMW got around to incorporating them in the US; things like lurching in the auto, turbo lag, and touchy throttle ramps.

What ESS then does is when you get your ESS flash, you have all of the tune plus the lastest Progman goodies applied to your DME without ever changing the software number (Progman). So, to the dealer, you still have the same Progman as your service history shows, but with all the latest improvements of the newest version already included.

Did I make understanding it better or worse?
How do you handle the "turbo lag" and wastegate control in your stage 3 ?

Is it working like pre 29.2 version, where the wastegates are always closed except when peak boost is achieved or do you use the complex algorithm of 32.1 "turbo retrofit" where wastgates are open under certain circumstances causing some lag?

It would be great that the EES flash restores really 100% of the turbo response like pre 29.2 version

This could be a definitive solution to the "turbo lag" that all of us suffer since 29.2
Appreciate 0