View Single Post
      07-20-2018, 12:40 PM   #22
bvanlieu
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpine 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydarogers View Post
I suspect that you got info from British/UK/EU sources, as this information is not correct.

1) The USA/CA model gets 36 mpg highway (I have gotten as high as 41 mpg).
2) Most importantly, the 335d exists only in 2009, 10, 11 model years, and only in sedan form in the USA/CA.

Overall, I agree with your opinion that MOST buyers should not buy a 335d. The emissions system (for NOx reduction) is extremely complicated and virtually certain to fail, and fail multiple times. The parts to repair that system are quite expensive. However, the engine, turbos, cooling system (other than thermostat), transmission have proven quite reliable.
I got a chuckle out of the 335d nugget. If it was stated to avoid due to overly complicated and fragile emissions, we all nod in unison.

The fuel mileage it returns (even with emissions, better without) is fan-freaking-tastic for what it is: a car that pulls like a V8, 2000 RPM at 80 MPH all while returning 35 MPG...yup, its a keeper.

Yes its a bit of a masochistic model

Efthreeoh, no Carmax fan? No judgement just curious. Not every one can Demuro a car there, but they seem to be popular with folks wanting a no BS experience. Their used pricing is higher then private party, but not bad compared to dealers from the searches I have run as comps (which is not very often I admit, but occasionally

- b
Appreciate 0