View Single Post
      04-09-2008, 11:07 AM   #55
BruinEd03
Private
Rep
Drives: N/A...yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroTrip View Post
Well the problem is that most buyers have tunnel vision when it comes to buying a car. They dont realize that we are the largest dealership on the west coast, which means we have the largest allocation of BMWs, and your car actually gets here sooner when ordered from us.
Not to mention the amazing extra services we offer that the peashooter dealers do not. Free new BMW car loaners when yours is in for service, 6 day a week carwashes and John Wayne Airport shuttle and car storage while you are gone.
So when we lose deals to the smaller dealerships that dont care about profit but rather just trying to grow to our level of allocation, its frustrating. Customers will walk away from thousands of dollars of benefits of service for a couple hundred more bucks over invoice.
Uhhh...first of all none of that was really ever expressed to me. The guy literally said "go buy it at that dealership." No discussion even about being flexibile about pricing or indicating why his pricing is a better value. Basically indicating he did not want my business.

If it's a tie b/w prices or close to it, I would gladly go somewhere where I felt valued as a customer. Not to mention I've been to Crevier a few times and each time I've had to basically go find someone to go talk to me instead of having someone approach me. (Maybe it's because I look young?) Not exactly good customer service. If that's the case when I'm trying to buy the car and where I've got the most leverage, why would it be any different when I'm trying to get my car fixed where I've got less leverage?

Though if it makes you feel any better, I wasn't treated any better at the other two dealerships in the area -- hence why i went out of the OC to get my car. I'd gladly drive the extra miles to get good customer service. It seemed the dealerships in the OC believe they don't have to be remotely competitive to get my business. So be it -- they ask me to take my business elsewhere...so I did.