View Single Post
      03-02-2015, 04:48 PM   #1
llama_of_doom
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 325i

Question e90 proper sized drain plug on the passenger side for an automatic??

Hey I was wondering if someone could verify for me the proper sized drain plug for a radiator that has two drain plugs, I am aware that some e90s have 1 plug others have 2.
I have a 2006 e90 325i automatic. My OEM radiator had only one long drain plug on the driver side. However the replacement Nissens radiator has two drain plugs, one on the driver side and the other on the passenger side.

I attached a pic of the directions for the Nissens radiator, my confusion is because the directions say that the radiator came with the proper plug already installed (the long plug on the driver side). However I had a leak from both plugs so I removed them, and saw that the passenger side plug is a short one.
From the directions it looks like there should be a short plug in the passenger side for gasoline cars, you can see that in the picture. But when I checked realoem, they list the long plug as being used on both sides for the automatic.

I called pelican parts but I think they just looked at realoem, and didn’t seem entirely confident about what they were telling me. I just don’t want to obstruct something and inadvertently cause an overheating situation, can someone with an automatic car and two drain plugs please clear up for me. Long or short plug for the passenger side Thanks!

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...17&fg=05&hl=15

Appreciate 0