Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 LCI Jerez Black

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVMs135 View Post
The loops through the passes. We often spend September in Europe and would love to see recommended touring routes through Italy, Switzerland, Germany and Austria.
I can BUT.......you'll see be driving the roads i want to drive rather than the roads you want to drive.

I really recommend getting a large map of region, marking off all the passes, hotels you fancy staying at, and then formulating your own route.

Some people like a lay in in the mornings, late breakfast, and to only drive for a few hours per day. Others, like me, up at the crack of dawn and on the road by 8am and happy to drive for 8 hours every day.

One idea i'm toying with is to book a hotel for a few days, a hotel that is right in the middle of a few passes and really take my time.

You also need to decide on the luxury you need. I've stayed in some erm, questionable "hotels". To be fair, those are quite rare. But you need to decide on what facilities are a must and which you can do without.

Each road trip takes me around 3 months to plan, and even then i still get it wrong!

// E90 M3 LCI DCT in Jerez Black with Fox Red Leather // Alcantara Trim // ST XTA Coilovers // 1.75 Exhaust Mod // Pinnacle Undertray // @jerez.black.e90.m3 //
Euro Alpine Road Trips 2014 2016 2017 2018 2019
Appreciate 0