View Single Post
      08-21-2019, 11:13 AM   #9902
MPOWER5266
Major
Rep
Drives: 1997 Dinan m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Sunday I applied Mothers CMX ceramic spray coating on the Lexus. I have to say I'm impressed with the results. I've used nano coatings on rims before, but never on a cars body. Two days after applying, it rained, I can't believe how great this stuff works. I'll see how long this product holds up; expecting only a few months but we'll see. I'm expecting failure by spring will put an actual nano bonding ceramic coating on it then.

Edit: Started doing some digging to determine how long to expect this stuff to last and couldn't find anyone stating how long it lasted before the protection begins to fail. Aside from amazon reviews, which I don't trust, I couldn't find anyone with a clear answer.

From Mother's website:
How long does it last?
CMX Ceramic Spray Coating durability testing is still ongoing - currently it has outlasted all of our tests. For example, one of our test cars has been run through 100+ automatic drive-through brush car washes, as well as daily ocean salt air exposure. The panels show little to no degradation of the ceramic coating, still exhibiting superb shine and excellent hydrophobicity.

https://www.facebook.com/mothersusa/...1960840191274/

I have heard everything from it failing after 2 washes to it lasting months. I enjoy detailing as a hobby and I spend a lot of time researching and trying products. My current system for paint protection is Jescar powerlock sealant, two coats of Collinite 845 and I top it all with beadmaker as a drying aide. I can usually get 4-6 months before the Collinite starts to fail(I just add another coat as long as the paint is still fee of contamination) and about a year before strip washing and starting over with the sealant. I have used a few of those spray coatings and I have had poor results.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00