View Single Post
      08-21-2019, 12:13 PM   #9904
MPOWER5266
Major
Rep
Drives: 1997 Dinan m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Hoping for the best here, but not expecting more than just a few months. Glad to hear someone with some detailing experience give some feedback. I read a few of the amazon reviews, but as stated before, I don't put much faith into those reviews as a person doesn't know the background of the individual writing the review. Perhaps their knowledge is inadequate, maybe they did not properly execute their prep, etc. A project is only going to yield positive results based on the individuals background, knowledge and understanding of what they are working with and what they are working on, along with the quality of the product they are using and most importantly the amount of effort that is put into their prep-work.

I used to detail cars on the side. Nothing crazy exotic, but typically only dealt with higher-end (for this area - BMW's, Audi's, Infiniti's & Lexus' mostly) clientele. They always wanted a basic hand wash, wax & full interior detail. On a rare occasion, I would have someone who wanted something a little more resilient and time consuming. Those were the jobs I always enjoyed - trying new products and getting feedback from the customers on how they lasted. This is how I come to my love/hate relationship with Chemical Guys products. Always had good luck with Adams polishes. I had one customer that always wanted me to use Repel on his 135i. I had never heard of it before and tried to find it to post a link here. It was an odd little product. If I recall correctly, you put it on, let it bake in the sun and then let it set over night, then buff and polish. To me it seemed like a waste of his money and my time as I had to keep his car over night.
I used a lot of Adams stuff but I am starting to shy away from it. There are new products out there that work as well and cost less. Adams is also starting to use the Chemical guys marketing playbook and while their products are better, it kinda turns me off. I still love their car shampoo though.

I haven't heard of Repel but it sounds strange.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00