02-12-2018, 11:56 PM   #11
NonoxX
Private
France
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i DKG FBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbod View Post
You will for sure make more power running any amount of ethanol over just pump gas. You will be able to run more timing and more boost with a higher octane fuel.
That's for sure. Just switching from 98 RON to 102 RON pump gas makes quite a difference. Not a hughe one (will never gain 70hp that way), but one I can definitely feel.

Quote:
There isn't a need to run full E85 with the stock turbo. If you want to mix in some ethanol to get to E30 put the JB4 on map 5 and log to see if trims are maxed.
Yep, it already happened that I ran ~E30 for pushing the limits. E30 runs well, never went higher cause it's know not to work very well on stock fuelling.

Nevertheless I see that kind of mixture more like a "weekend mix". As that car is my daily and I don't want to bother with mixing during the week.

The idea would be that I would fill up always at the same place near home, 0,6€/L E85, instead of 1,30€/L 102RON gas near work. E85 price is stable, pump gas always increases. That's for me a gain of time, peace of mind, and a gain of money after the fueling system's cost was covered by the price difference, which should come fast. This car covers between 25 and 30000 km / year.

Quote:
Are you using any kind of back end flash or just JB4 only?
Today I’m on JB4 over the BMW MPPK with no other sort of BEF.

Last edited by NonoxX; 02-13-2018 at 02:31 AM.. Reason: More complete answer
Appreciate 0