Boyd122
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335D bmw 325es 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335dlci View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd122 View Post
Don't know yet, every time I connect to ista p tries to update my dme back to factory settings, my Maximus scantool won't do the test so I am not sure yet. I believe I may have bad build up on that cylinder so my liqui moly Distrib is hooking me up with diesel intake cleaner Monday with two cans. So if it continues we shall see.
What test are you doing with the maxipad? What are tou trying to do putting the "dme" back to factory settings? What is diesel intake cleaner? A lot of the stuff you are posting is making no sense.

I work on bigger diesels, est: 19 years ago or so. Anyway, BMW isn't like duramax or cummins engines for when you delete, I've noticed tuners have to trick the dme and don't do full deletes like what you can with cummins or duramax because they have off-road files or people who are pretty knowledgeable on making a new file for the ecm for a delete tune. Anyway I've been reading there is a factory update for the dme on the 335d to fix a injector bug for mass adaptation which i did. and fixed. Then got my tuner to do a reflash to trick the dme for the "delete" ( I could be wrong about the whole delete situation with bmw diesels so take that with a grain of salt or so)
Anyway. Also, liqui moly sells a intake cleaner for diesel and gas engines for people who don't want to exactly do a walnut blast or power wash the inside of there intake manifold just yet. So I am waiting for that to arrive so I can two cans of it and change the oil. Hope this is more organized as I just type and hope people can bear with me. Just caught what you meant by maxipad, look up Matco Maximus Scantool. Very good scantool.
Appreciate 0