View Single Post
      03-20-2013, 06:12 PM   #13
psnt1ol
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90

As I mentioned earlier..... IronX could dull (not damage) a bare metal rim. I had the pleasure of this happening to me a while back. I was working on a vintage 911 that had polish Aluminum wheels. I had to spend 2 extra hours polishing the wheels both by hand and machine afterward. Not all aluminum wheels react this way but all it takes is one time and you get gun shy.

If you layer a few coats of the CG wheel wax or applied some form of coatings on the wheels, you will find that all future cleaning could be done with car soap and water. The chemicals stated earlier will only be in the mix when the need arises. I find that IronX will strip wax and I am assuming Sonax will do the same. All strong cleaner could strip wax base on the dilution. This is the reason I like products that I could dilute/tailor to suit my needs.

Remember what I said, there is no such thing as "Magic in a Bottle" that works on everything and in every situation. The trick is to clean them often and you wouldn't have to use all these chemicals.

Permanon could be use for paint but it requires a surface that is bare (no wax/no sealant) . You will have to strip your current LSP. I am not sure you want to go through all of this work. A new product by CarPro call Hydro2 Touchless Silica Sealant might be better for the paint.

http://www.autogeek.net/carpro-hydro...t-coating.html

You could use this product on top of your LSP just as long the surface is clean with a car shampoo that has no gloss enhancer (such as
Ultima Paint Guard Wash - http://www.autogeek.net/ultima-car-wash.html ) prior to its application. I been trying this out for several weeks now and I am quite happy with the result. It makes your surface hydrophobic and you will get some crazy beading. This product is also great for those who are looking to add a bit of slickness to coatings such as Cquartz and Opticoat.

Good Luck.