View Single Post
      05-30-2015, 10:47 PM   #160
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

I am about 10yrs older than MrSS, and I am not even near 300k/yr passive income. I am currently holding the 2nd largest bag of excrement of decade of my investing career as of now.

I envy you two both.
Next real estate bubble, I am going to diversify into residential and commercial real estate a little.

BTW, having 4 years in chemical sector at a small companies, i would recommend you to get to learn how to deal with EPA, state & county hazardous waste. Also little settlement knowledge/skills. It paid off well.

Oh, i just saw you are in medical school. UNT? Foster? Seton? Dell?
Since you have a brains to go through ChemE, how about just going all the way to MSTP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX View Post
And at the age of 26 no less. I'm not gonna lie I'm mad jealous (read: impressed) with what you've accomplished at your age SugarSkulls. $300k/year in passive (rental) income at that age is almost unheard of.

I'm only a few years younger than you are, but I don't even have $300k (forget actively making it ) I did alright working three internships in oil and gas when I was a ChemE undergrad and I've done OK with a couple of bets in the stock market using that internship money (while my parents also supported me financially) so far, but if there was a semi-guaranteed way for me to hit $300k/year in my mid 20s I'd strongly be second guessing my choice to go to medical school right now haha.