View Single Post
      09-26-2018, 09:08 PM   #52
JonEQuest
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Convertible 2007 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by seccsc View Post
I haven't used the eBay lifters but was looking at the Pelican Parts OE lifters they list. IMHO, I would use the OE version.
Makes me wonder if the previous owner waited 15K or longer to execute the oil changes.....
I bought this car from Copart Auto Auction so I really have no way of knowing the history but I am sure this idiot waited a LONG time between oil changes. I actually ordered BOTH. I got 12 of the INA brand lifters from FCP Euro for about $135 shipped and a set of 24 generic ones from eBay for just under $70. I got both in the mail today and I think they are identical except for one thing I noticed. The oil hole on the side of the INA brand lifters is just a little bit larger than the eBay ones described for the N52 engine. They supposedly cross with the same part number but I am sure the larger oil hole is the way to go. I am thinking of opening one up to see if they are the same on the inside but I am pretty sure they will be. I am not eager to be a Guiney pig but I bet that if you drilled the oil hole a little larger the eBay ones would be just fine. Like I said they look identical. I may upload some pictures in the interest of providing info for the community.
Appreciate 0