Rep
Drives: 2011 335d sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_cuda View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit4 View Post
Call around some of the tuners and see who sets readiness to passed. If your county will do a simple OBD check for emissions, that should get you through the test while being deleted.

Regarding your previous questions:
1) Its completely possible to preserve a way to go back to stock after doing all the deletes. You should be able to get away with just getting a tune and leaving all the stock emissions components on the car. If you decide to replace your DPF with a down pipe, just keep it around on the off chance you need it in the future (I still have mine). VRSF makes a very reasonably priced downpipe. Anything aft of the DPF/downpipe is not a requirement with a tune.
I felt it important to clarify/expand on what answer 1 given above says. I was an early adopter of doing the deletes. I ran with a down pipe (DP)and completely stock exhaust aft of the DP. I learned a few months later that the SCR catalyst will clog up with soot as there is no DPF to play goalie and protect the SCR. So, I will call a small audible and say either be prepared to gut the SCR or change to aftermarket exhaust.
I completely agree with apexit in keeping all of the parts in the event a return to stock config is required. I do wonder how bad my SCR is clogged with soot though. I drove 6000 miles with downpipe and unmodd'd SCR combo. Its gotta be a bit fouled up.

One of the other questions asked about 4 jack stands. Absolutely, use 4 especially if you're doing the exhaust conversion to aftermarket. If you pull the exhaust, consider removal of the urea tanks as the exhaust removal is part of that job, My exhaust is in 3 pieces so I would only have to pull back 1/3 to do tank removal. See my "spare under trunk" thread for more broad description. OUT
Could you elaborate a little more on what you mean by the SCR becoming clogged? I'm assuming you're talking about the SCR metering valve mounted on the tail end of the DPF but your comment makes it sound like the actual SCR tank is what clogged up.
No the scr is like the mid pipe of the exhaust. You'll see what looks like a muffler but it's filled with that honeycomb filter. The soot will eventually clog it up
apexit41230.50