View Single Post
      09-07-2005, 12:38 PM   #3
rad21
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
Hey All.. as you know ive been on the forum for a couple months now, and after reading numerous posts about prices..etc. I am starting to feel that i got ripped off. Ok.. i got my car for $39,500 out the door. I believe msrp was $30,300 and after all my options it came out to be $36K. And tax, license..etc was another $3.5K.

Well i called my salesman after reading some of the posts regarding those in san diego who are getting these great deals. He kept telling me its bullshit, and there is no way those prices could be accurate. He also said i got $500 off, and that in itself was a great deal. He kept saying "just enjoy your car, your going to run into this kind of stuff all your life. People make up prices to get others jealous..etc" He also told me that angel eyes (headlights) are usually the LAST option ppl decide on, and it really isnt a big deal. WELL after learning on the forum that they are one of the TOP choices, i am pissed off.. because i feel like he fed me a line to get me to buy. He told me that its a part of growing up, and that i got a good deal, and to basically get over it.

Im sort of angry now, and regretting what i did.

BellasBMW,

I can't answer your question about the Angel Eyes, are you talking about the Xenon Adaptive Headlights? How much night driving do you do? Is it on winding roads? I'm sure you are younger than I am and have good night vision, wait until you hit 50

As far as price goes, I used to feel exactly like you do, whether it was a new car purchase, a stereo or a vacation. Someone always gets a better deal. I don't stress out over it anymore, the enjoyment I get from my car on a day to day basis , far exceeds my thinking about "could I have gotten a better deal". Enjoy the car, you have an awesome driving machine, no need for buyers remorse, you have driven your spankin' new car for a few months now and I'm sure people around you would look and say," Wow, what is that car, I have never seen one before". I have had so many positive comments since May, I have no regrets about the price I paid.