05-06-2012, 03:53 PM   #1
Jose_JN
Private First Class
Spain
Rep
Drives: e93 330d

Cool DIY: Retrofitting a Professional HU with USB and Bluetooth

Hi mates!

This time I am showing you how to identify and retrofit a new Professional Head Unit wit built-in USB and Bluetooth features on my e93 from 05/2007

The improvement is very high!
Now, I have an USB socket and I don't need my iPod anymore because the USB can organize music by Artist/Songs/PLS Playlists/Styles... and it is very fast when searching a track

The sound is now much more clear and the subwoofers have more punch.
Bluetooth is enough. It is not the best for me (my old Parrot MKi9100 has more features like A2DP streaming music, real voice recognition...)

The built-in bluetooth can read your contact list, you can manage it with the steering wheel buttons and you can dial a number with the voice recognition.
But it cannot stream music and you cannot dial a name of your contact list, you have to save it before in the radio memory.

PDC is better now because cars before 09/2007 has a buzzer for the PDC, now, the sound is more 'elegant' and in stereo (you can hear it an obstacle is on your left or right)

Other features:
- OBC (the same than the cluster, fuel consumption, average speed, outside temp...)
- Stationary blower: I can program the cabin vent
- Better display with much more information

This is how I did it:
Remember that you can see it in HD

I hope this could be useful for anybody. I will answer the questions you could have.

Regards!
PS: Remember that you can watch my other DIY's at www.youtube.com/josejjn

EDIT

This weekend finally I managed to enable Spanish voice recognition!

For me is a great achievement! Of course, english worked perfectly but now is much better

Last edited by Jose_JN; 02-11-2013 at 07:20 AM..
Appreciate 3
adl0.00
E90-AMD65.50
lab_rat394.50