View Single Post
      08-21-2012, 05:39 PM   #98
plokij
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nothing

i went with eibach pro kit springs to match up with koni sport (yellow) dampers on my e91 328i. wasn't looking for much of a drop but was disappointed with the front. per the advertising, i was expecting a 0.6" (~12.5mm) drop on top of existing M-sport. i got probably around .25" at most all around. it looked fine on the rear but i was always annoyed with the front appearance. the eibachs seem to just match the OEM stance and offer a slight drop from M-sport levels. i think the problem is that the OEM stance is reversed raked where the front sits higher than the rear. this is strange when one thinks of how this might impact the aerodynamics and fuel economy. i really don't blame eibach because those figures are alwasy "up to" and "approximate" and i do like the performance of the springs.

anyway, i ended up fitting the lowering perches in front and that solved my appearance issue. it also took away from the comfort of the ride a bit, but i plan on solving that by using shorter bump stops off the older M models to increase the damper stroke range. on large bumps i can feel the stops engage whereas before the perches i rarely if ever felt that up front. another issue i had was that the perches weren't installed correctly and make a bunch of noise. that needs fixing too.

i believe an alternative to lower your front even more is to use camber plates. but i'm unsure of the details.

here's a pic from a few months ago before the perches. you can see the front gap. the next pic is after the perches where the fronts basically match the rears.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0