M_spiels
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘13 e92 n55 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antetokounmpo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_spiels View Post
Im talking about taking out the shaft that connects the TC to the front diff its like 8 bolts 4 on each side that hold it on
Ok that's the front driveshaft. Actually come to think of it I think people do actually pull that, not the halfshafts, it makes more sense.

Theoretically, you would put slightly more power to the wheels since you're only spinning a few more gears in the transfer case versus rwd. But we're only talking like 3-5% here, so like 8-13hp on a stock car, probably not noticeable. Not to mention still 300lbs heavier than the rwd version. And tougher to work on, and worse aftermarket parts.
I just had my car dyno'd made 293awhp which in my opinion is pretty low and 380ftlbs of tq i havent been able to find any dyno numbers of other n55 e92xi's but im fbo cp,dp,5" stepped fmic, bms intake, vrsf turbo outlet,strait piped, 2 step colder ngk plugs. So if i could turn tht 293 into something like say 320 rwhp by removing the driveshaft and also b able to have a little bit more fun I figured why not
Appreciate 0