Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Marcus View Post
"Entry level". What a dick.
You gotta lay off the vegemite, Maaaate, it clearly is distorting your better judgement...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jophish17 View Post
^ It just says 1-series coupe, which *is* the entry level BMW car. Just like my car was the entry level M car in its time, doesn't mean I don't love it!

ps - he owns a 1M and used to own a 135... I really don't think he was trying to be a dick!
Indeed jophish, thx for properly grasping what I was saying.

The 1-series is indeed entry level for BMW (until it moves to the 2-series and the new 1-series becomes FWD). It was actually a complement, that even at their entry level model BMW has not cut corners.

I had a (Year 1 of 1) 135i, and now a 1///M, and can tell you that I have seen improvements in the cabin from 2008 to 2011 (not speaking about the alcantara/Kyalami orange stitching which is unique to the 1M, but more about the overall quality of plastics, which are now softer and of higher caliber). Even after 3 yrs my 135i never developed creaks, and so far the 1M has been top notch as well.
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0