AcmeExplosives
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93

Loaners

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW325 View Post
Question for fellow guys who have used Devon Hill for service. Did you ever get a loaner from them? If so was it a BMW?
Reason I ask is because I took my car in today for something and was given a loaner, but it was from Enterprise, it wasnt a BMW, but was still free.
Was wondering if this was because I bought somewhere else.
There was a time when any BMW dealership would give you a comparable BMW for a loaner with a scheduled service visit. In the mid-2000s most dealerships stopped that practice unless you purchased the vehicle at that dealership. I know that Otto's and Mainline BMW practice that as well these days. That's when I started to see the free rental cars come into play. Sorry, I can't speak to Devon Hill's policy.

Come to think of it, I had an experience where I had to take the car to the dealership that I bought it from with no advanced warning - not a scheduled service. They said they didn't have any BMW loaners available. (something that was stated above in this thread.) I wound up driving some monster, Toyota, 4 door, SUV thing. My guess is if I was driving an M5 or a serious 7 series...they would’ve had a Bimmer for me. : )

I'm thinking that if you want to drive a BMW while your car is being serviced, take it back to the place you purchased it.

K
Appreciate 0