View Single Post
      02-06-2020, 05:12 PM   #17
Emilime75
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i E92 LeMans Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnks2 View Post
Yes, the long answer is that front camber is technically adjustable. But that is not included as part of an alignment. It requires banging out the alignment pin on the strut mount. Not to mention all the additional steps of jacking up the car and removing the top hat bolts. NO shop is doing this work during an alignment.

Short answer, Camber is not adjustable. Nor should there be any reason to adjust camber side-to-side after working on your car. Only reason front camber will ever vary significantly from side to side is if you have components that need replacing because the are bent/bad. Why is that so hard for people to understand?
The pins are easy to remove and can be done prior to taking it in for the alignment.

No car is perfect and there is always a need for camber adjustment, especially after some age and miles.

The last alignment I got, the techs jacked the car up to relieve pressure from the cammed alignment bolts that come as factory on my 95 SC400. Is this necessary to properly align the car? Yes. Is this more work for the tech? Yes? Should it be part of the process? Obviously, yes. This was at a Discount Tire, mind you, not some specialty shop that charges shit tons of dollars.

Why is it so far fetched to expect camber adjustment during an alignment, if needed? Just talk to the tech doing it and ask them to.

Last edited by Emilime75; 02-07-2020 at 07:21 AM..
Appreciate 2