JamieA
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra
+1

interior looks nicer IMO... and nav is always handy (i know i use mine alot)
+1

I ache for iDrive, I wouldn't be without it

Some features such as navigation are brilliant even when you know where you are going, for instance on a highway trip, the distance to go works well with distance to empty so you can plan refuling etc.

I also find the trip computer is better, easier to use and more informative - all the information is on one screen, rather than scrolling through the information. Service information is also easier to access and monitor - for instance when I had an oil leak problem, I was constantly watching the oil level and other check control messages until I got to the dealer.

In short it has been more useful in many unexpected ways beyond the techo factor. But, like all things, at the end of the day it is personal taste, but personally I have not regretted getting it, and it is now a standard must-have for any BMW order I place in the future.

If you came away unimpressed, then maybe spend your money on other options you like better such as Comfort Access, Adaptive Xenons, better sound or Active Cruise. It is your car, and you have to live with it, so get what you know you will love, not what others convince you you will like.

IMHO