07-16-2018, 08:24 PM   #20
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by withoutink View Post
Thanks guys, I am ordering a set of modified ESCO 10498's from Reverse Logic US with their custom BMW mounting block on the pivoting posts. Better safe than sorry... I will continue with the floor jack search next =)

I figure my life is worth $290 in jack stands....
Just get the regular ESCO stands. The modified ones will work only on the E9X chassis... Stupid to get modified ones; they are no more safe the regular ESCO stand.

The walls of the lifting pads DON'T BREAK when the correct flat-top stand is used underneath them. The walls of the lifting pads DON'T BREAK when used with a floor jack correctly. If they do get damaged somehow, the lifting pads are easily replaceable and cost $12. Adapters are not necessary.

BTW since your a newbie, and I've had my E90 over 12 years and 300,000 miles, I've probably stood under my car on a lift working on it for more hours you've spent driving your car. Not being a dick, just trying to make a point. My car still has 3 of the original lifting pads on it. I'd sleep like a baby under the car. The reason the pads break is because people do not know how to use them correctly. Adapters are not necessary. And you are correct, your life IS worth more than $290. Kudos for realizing that.

Here's the jack you want:
Attached Images

A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 07-16-2018 at 08:45 PM..
Appreciate 2