View Single Post
      09-14-2011, 03:44 PM   #8
slippyturtle
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i coupe

"E Komo Mai" is basically a greeting that means, welcome.

I'm not sure how things work with a vehicle that's brought in from out of state as far as Safety Inspections go, but it's an annual inspection that every car has to have here and you'll end up having to deal with it sooner or later. The bigger issue is that the police will nab you for dark tint here faster than anything else, and they can fine you $287 PER TINTED WINDOW on your car. Depends on the officer, but I have seen it happen before. Just from personal experience, I've been pulled over for darker than legal tint more than anything else, and my friends in HPD say that's the first thing they look for. I went with Formula One Pinnacle 35% on this car and it's a relief not to have to worry about getting nailed for that anymore. You also run the chance of getting hassled and ticketed for not having a reconstruction permit on your car.

Assuming your car can be aligned within factory specification, you shouldn't have a problem passing the reconstruction inspection as long as you swap your OEM reflectors back in (I just swap mine in for inspections and swap them back out again) and replace your tint with something within legal limits (29-35%). Front clear UV windshield tint is now legal too in Hawaii. My car is similarly equipped and passed riding on KW coilovers with no problem.
Appreciate 0