View Single Post
      05-31-2018, 06:01 AM   #45
marcuslee2032
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F10 535d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus335iguy View Post
ok so - what you need to know is this... there are three sets of analogue video/audio inputs on the CIC. They are called FBAS1/2/3

The car has a shielded video cable our composite video is unshielded you can tie a third wire between the chassis of the device and the CIC to nullify any ground loop noise or use twin core shielded cable(preferred but not necassary)

You'd need to have a look which FBAS your AUX is on look for AUX 1 in your CIC code.
Then connect accordingly.

This is the instruction from someone else on another forum

"I think you can wire WD TV to FBAS 1, FBAS 2, or FBAS 3, whichever is available, and then code HU_CIC => AUX1 = wert_21, wert_22, or wert_23 accordingly.

The Pinout on back of CIC is:

FBAS 1 = wert_21:
- FBAS+, PIN 2
- FBAS-, PIN 12
- FBAS shield, PIN 11

FBAS 2 = wert_22:
- FBAS+, PIN 3
- FBAS-, PIN 10
- FBAS shield, PIN 9

FBAS 3 = wert_23:
- FBAS+, PIN 5
- FBAS-, PIN 8
- FBAS shield, PIN 7

Ill post a pinout diagram of the back of the CIC in just a sec
Fab work / thanks for the work Aus335iguy for the write up, and FYI I completely agree with the reasoning behind this vs other box solutions. Also for those of us who don't really like these 3rd party boxes vs trying to retain as much OEM as possible.

Can I just clarify this is how it's done:
- as per above, code HU_CIC to correct value to match the FBAS input you've wired into
- also audio for this...did it in the end come in via the aux (as found on console/gloveboxes of F10's, which goes to the Combox)
- finally though, what menu option appears in iDrive to match the FBAS and Aux now wired in (other posts on the net I've only seen them rob the "TV" External Devices input, as they don't have TV tuners)??

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0