View Single Post
      12-01-2008, 05:48 PM   #176
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane View Post
Would changing to all these M3 parts affect the choice of shocks?
Yes, but it depends what your goals are. The full kit here -- rear bushings, front tension rods, & wishbone/control arms -- will significantly tighten up the handling and steering response. If you want to feel the road, this is your baby. If you want some isolation, you might want dampers with a bit of softness to them, like Koni fsds, but that is moving in the opposite direction. More performance oriented dampers & springs like Bilstein PSS10s will accentuate the gains made with the M3 parts.

My plan is to stick with all BMW parts, similar to Mr.5. BMW performance dampers and springs, M-sport rear sway, M3 bushings, tension rods, control arms, and strut brace. I also plan to fit the OEM E92 (I have an E90) rear chassis brace to provide a little more stability and strength to the rear platform. My thinking here is that this should provide a system fairly close to what BMW engineers came up with for the M3 and M-sport versions of the E90, I keep the warranty, and I might recoup more of the cost at resale.

Edit: I am now thinking that if I get the BMW Perf exhaust with its smaller resonator, that a Hotchkis rear chassis brace might be the better way to go.
Appreciate 0