View Single Post
      06-26-2023, 10:17 AM   #2
Bimmer_Bro
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335xi LCI

[QUOTE=Buzzy335i;30252343]Hi, i got my 335i mapped yesterday by a guy who’s done all my other cars - car feels brilliant now however soon as i get to 6000 revs the car holds back and stutters a bit, then throws up the half engine light and cuts power (limp mode) soon as i turn the car off and back on again full power is restored. I’ve plugged it in with ISTA and it’s returning codes 30FC turbocharger boost pressure too low and 2D25 manipulation prevention (which i’ve gathered from this forum is just to let main dealer know that it’s been tuned.)

I’ve spoken to the person who mapped it and this was his response:
The code you are getting suggest the boost is lower than expected. This would usually indicate a mechanical issue, and the vehicle is not able to read the higher pressure required for the performance tune.

We can pull the file back, however, we would not be able to guarantee this would resolve the issue, as we do not know how much it is underboosting.

Does this sound plausible or does it sound like a faulty map? if plausible - what should I check first? vac lines - boost pipes?

thanks

What is your peak boost target? If it's over 20psi you will most likely need a 3.5bar map sensor. Your tuner should be aware of this though...
it could also be a boost leak where the turbos can't keep the pressure at target. OR your turbos are getting tired and you are running a too aggressive of a tune for what the turbos are capable of. The Oem ones start to run out of steam around 6k depending on the boost target.