cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post

The only way to win is run your own business.
I own a business, started by my father. My brother and I now own and run it. In my previous life, I worked for a bad boss and a great boss. Bad boss was a spoiled little shit that never had to actually work for a living, Ivy League educated arrogant prick. Great boss grew up poor, worked his ass off and built a great company. Bad boss expected the impossible. Good boss's expectations were fair as he actually did what he expected me to do.

Today, I am good boss. I've done every job in this company. I treat people the way I like to be treated. I lead by example and help them be a better person, a better employee, and give them the opportunity to rise in the organization.

Unfortunately, some people never worked for bad boss so they don't appreciate a good boss. Some people just suck. Poor work ethics, a sense of entitlement, resentment towards the boss. They see the office, the nice car and think it must be nice. They don't however want to put in the blood, sweat and tears it takes to build a business, they just want the rewards. It takes wind out of your sails. Don't get me wrong, I am not down on everyone. I have some great people that started out as clerks, busted their asses, took the initiative and are now managers and directors and damn good ones at that. But they are few and far between. Not everyone is cut out to be a leader, and that's fine. A good leader makes employees better.

Climbs off soapbox....
Appreciate 8
________4158.50
King Rudi13154.00
xander_g989.50
nyalpine907423.50