View Single Post
      05-21-2006, 10:56 PM   #19
pcharb14
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325 2006 / X5 2001

Before buying at Kelly..... Read on-

Went for a test ride with Steve and was reasonably impressed with the 325i. Called Steve the next day and he took my Visa credit card number. He wanted the number because I asked for a specific car and Steve said he would look around the to see what cars were coming in to the USA. He also gave me a price over the phone.

The next day I called Steve and he advised me that he found a car -basically white with Nav and heated seats / light interior. Anyway, I asked for a fax so I could see the deal in writing.

The faxed price was higher than what we discussed over the phone so I said -no deal. :mad: Steve's response was that he already charged my credit card a deposit and it was non-refundable!

Complained to the sales manager (Eric) who basically told me to take the deal or lose your deposit. "What deal?" I never signed anything or agreed to anything! I wouldn't buy from Kelly..........I don't deal with people who negotiate that way. Instead I bought from MAG and the deal was 100% smooth.

I bought a X5 from Kelly a few years ago (2001) and frankly I like their service department. However, based on what happend I would not step foot on the Kelly lot anytime soon.

Contested the charge to Visa who rightly reversed the charge.
Appreciate 0