View Single Post
      03-28-2010, 02:49 PM   #74
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelc73 View Post
Is the Alpine kit a better option than just having an amp installed?
It is a better option to those that want to keep as most as their warranty intact as possible as well as improving the sound somewhat.

Now, compared with a mild aftermarket audio upgrade (front component set, underseat woofers and 4-channel amp) it is not that great especially for the price and components included.

Quote:
I went to my local car audio guy and he recommended adding a six channel amp, putting 6.5" speakers in the front doors and in the back (swapping out the four that are in the car currently), adding tweeters up by the windows in the front, and replacing the subs under the seats.
Find another "local car audio guy" that knows what he is talking about... there's no room for 6.5" speakers front or back in any current BMW.

Quote:
Reading this forum it seems like most are waiting for a harness of some kind. Is that to allow the Alpine kit to work?
My harness allows any 4-channel amplifier with high level inputs to be connected directly to the MY2010 standard system without cutting any OEM wire; other amplifier/processor configurations are possible with extra equipment. It should be ready for sale in about 6 weeks.

Quote:
Anything wrong with going the route recommended above?

Thanks in advance,
The only thing wrong here is your "local car audio guy".
Appreciate 0