E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007MCoupe View Post
Can't watch the race this week. Read that Button was running second at one point? how did he finish???
Critical point was on the second round of pitstops, Button pitted first for his second medium couponds. Then next lap both Alonso and Vettel pitted to cover Button. However, Button still manage to jump on Vettel over the pitstop rotation, while McLaren did a historical 2.4 second pitstop.

That's how Button end up in second and chasing on Alonso. However he was unable to get anywhere closer than 0.7 from Alonso, and it was in Spainard's total control.

On Lap 66, where Button's tires starting to degrade, Vettel attempt on overtake him over the hairpin. Button defended on the inside, and Vettel went outside and off track to overtake Button. Eventually resulted a 20 second penalty from the race stewards.

One thing to point out, during qualifying, I recall Martin Brundle said race control told drivers their flying lap wont count because all four wheels went off track on turn 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo M3 View Post
You really hate Alonso, huh?

I am impressed at how much he has matured as a driver since his Renault days. He is incredibly calm and focused on the end goal; the last few races in particular have just added to his confidence.
I wouldn't say hate yet. Just don't like him.

Nonetheless, truly impressive and the most complete driver on the paddock now. I would even rate him a bit higher than schumi despite the amount of trophies and championships.
We might see Alonso winning his third WDC this season. Transforming a POS to a race winning racecar.

Its ok that I don't like him. I rate drivers fairly, i give them credit where its due.