12-11-2009, 10:15 PM   #26
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 2009 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
I honestly don't know what your problem is??????

Yes I would agree that the brakes fading so soon into the test was unfortunate but that is easily cured with the ceramics which are really necessary if you intend to track on a regular basis.

But did you actually listen to what was said about the R8, in Steve's opinion he felt that it would probably have been the quickest on the day with the right brakes and the right gearbox, plus it was the easiest to drive at the limit. To me that isn't a fail but an unfortunate spec choice by Audi on the car supplied.

P.S.
No one could possibly deny that the GTR is the knig when it came to value for money, it has shown all comers that they are all over priced for what you get.
ya gotta quit being so sensitive....
ok ok...the R8 is the greatest car ever created....all Audi's put BMW to shame...and Jag's are not for old people...they rarely have mechanical or electrical issues.....extremely reliable and cost of ownership is best of class!....JAG's are SMOKIN!
2009 Jet Black E92 M3, DCT, Nav, Novillo Leather, PDC, EDC, BBS CHR's 20", Yokohama Advan Sports Tires, Eiback Pro-Kit Springs, Dinan Pullies and Dinan Stage1 software, black grills, black side gills, alcantara shift and ebrake boot.
Appreciate 0