04-23-2011, 10:21 AM   #8
335iPSI
PSI
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdiggz View Post
i actually liked the stock suspension as this is my cruiser car. that was until i flashed it and when u get on it, it feels like its completely out of control! it's so floaty that it feels like you don't know where the car is going to go. with that said, i'd like to tighten it up a tad i guess and maybe drop it just a bit so it doesn't look stupid when i put 19's on. i dont want anything rough like my evo though. again, i like the comfort of the stock setup so i don't want to lose that. do you really think this combo is more comfortable than stock while also tightening it up?
If you like the look of mine, just snag some i-sport springs, which will get rid of the 4x4 look that the xi's have stock --- and only run ya about $100. If you want another 1" or so of drop, get yourself some of the BMW Performance Springs from TischerBMW. And if you haven't had Bilsteins on a car before, you're missing out. They are one of the best dual-personality shocks on the market. These shocks get rid of ALL of that floaty feeling, way less dive when braking, cornering or accelerating --- no doubt helped by the i-sport springs lower center of gravity and slightly increased spring rate. They definitely ride better than stock and soak up bumps with ease. If you haven't already, ditch the runflat tires too.