View Single Post
      10-19-2019, 08:47 AM   #2275
Bob Shiftright
Save The Manuals!
Rep
Drives: E91 Schleppwagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubersteuer View Post
You cannot buy a brand new RWD manual inline 6 wagon in the United States, period.
Not just RWD inline 6 wagons are gone. There aren't a lot of MT wagons with any driveline to choose from now that VW is no longer going to sell wagons in the US.

According to their website, Subaru sells the 2019 Impreza wagon with a 5-speed. They don't call it a wagon, but Honda sells its 2020 4-door Civic hatch with a 6-speed and VW will still sell the Golf hatchback. There's the Jeep Wrangler, of course -- but I don't think I could put up with the handling after a BMW. (Or I'd put it on its roof.)

KBB calculator says that my 31K mile ZSP/6-speed/RWD example is worth $5,629 as a trade-in. (NO, it's not for sale, what could I replace it with???)

1.) There is some (apparent) mispricing of E91s in the marketplace, so there are probably bargains to be had 2.) My ZSP's front bumper scrapes on the pavement enough -- and I think the M-Sport bumper is even lower. 3.) Nobody has ever sold more than a handful of MT fun wagons in the US recently. My 22-year old Volvo MT T5 wagon is even rarer than the BMW. (This is the free market at work. If they sold 'em, they would still build 'em!)

MT wagons are pretty much gone, but even the 8th generation Corvette is AT only. You can order a Porsche 992 with a PDK now, but the 7-speed is coming at the end of the year, or early next year. Maybe.

I have to tip my hat to BMW marketing for not only keeping MTs in the M-Sport line, but then getting us to pay $10-20K more to shift for ourselves!
2008 E91 36K, 6-speed, RWD, Alpine, Terra, Xenons, ZSP, ZCW, ZPP, PDC, CA, alarm, M shifter and M brake handle, Euro rear fog light switch, Euro aspheric mirrors, rear power outlets, Euro split armrest, Lidatek, remote V-1, Cocomats, beach sand, $10 clutch stop mod. 1998 Volvo V70T5 226K, 5-speed, original clutch (third clutch pedal!), aspheric driver's mirror, E-code headlights, IPD sway bar, strut tower brace & skidplate.
Appreciate 0