View Single Post
      07-06-2017, 11:13 AM   #80
OmahaDZL
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 335D

To be included... JBD

A topic that are likely to come up for new D owners is the JBD by Burger Tuning (and the more recently released one by Dinan)

The JBD is a VERY simple product that can add quite a few hp/torq to your car for a low cost and very simply. It clips in between the fuel rail pressure sensor and the DDE....when the DDE calls for 15000mbar, the JBD tells it its only getting 10,000.....so the regulator continues to put more pressure to the rail.... thus turning everything up a bit. (numbers are hypothetical to show the concept) This can be adjusted in the JBD with a small screwdriver. Many people have experienced codes being thrown when turned up entirely.....I always ran at 80%-ish and never had an issue. This thing will NOT allow you to override any codes...like EGR or Nox or anything of the sort...you will need a tune for that. And to that end....many people that were previously running JBDs have now retired them for tunes... if you prefer a JBD (or live in CA), they are available on the board, just post that you are looking for one. Figure about 100 plus shipping. As for the Dinan version, its relatively new and connects to your phone via bluetooth and is adjustable. I only have one anecdotal piece of info about it....that it threw codes and didnt work for my friend...thats not to say that his experience is typical, its just all I have heard so far. Good luck.

Last edited by OmahaDZL; 07-06-2017 at 11:37 AM..
Appreciate 0