05-20-2018, 12:36 PM   #50
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorB View Post
Yes, I put a nitrous kit on last summer to play around with. I worked about 50 miles away, certain points allow you to open up for a bit, I'm working on what works. Anyway, the higher octane worked for fueling so it was a win, but when I wasn't running it it was still in the car, no misfires, no codes, just the dip with the 3stage. My car seems to run better with a little more e than with others may experience. I've done reading about its properties, besides a meth blend, and race fuel, this would work just like any of those. These engines are so limited with tuneing that unless your able to run a cam, run more timing, to run more fuel, the power will be limited.
Why aren't you running Hass's free 530i tune? It's better than running a 525i on the 3 stage manifold with no programing - save for the added torque, you're probably slower

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsjames View Post
I don't see how in an otherwise stock motor.

it's an interesting experiment, but I just don't see the gains being worth the dismal fuel economy.
Because things like RPM, combustion camber size/shape and camshaft all have an impact on ignition timing as well.
Appreciate 0