Alpejohn
Rep
Drives: E87 118d 2007, E39 530d 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuna View Post
Hi Fi is option 676 it must be added to the VO then programmed into the
the Radio . Actually it should already be in your VO so you could
try default programming it but since the Radio is slightly different
you may need a different one . See link at bottom of this entry.
Popping sounds often indicate the amplifier is going bad.
I would physically check the amp area for water.
The sounds systems between most of the lower series cars are the same.

The Radio's with a integrated Bluetooth and USB require a different code for the VO problem
I believe it's been mentioned on one of the threads here before.

If you really want to deactivate most there is a single line in the radio file called ring status that
can be set to nicht aktiv. this is found in the Radio File.
Could cause SOS or other errors and those functions would have to be turned off to.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=687463

The microphone wiring probably needs to be rerouted as it set to use the mulf 2 hi or combox.

As a check you can read your orignal options with Mdecoder.com

Option 676 is Hi Fi in all years it should be one of the first thing s that come up if you read the Rad File.
Hi,

As my car has Hifi 676 from the factory the VO code has already been there so thats ok. Only "stereo codes" i had was 662 and 676.
As far as other codes it seems that i have used the right once, 663 for Pro HU, 6FL for usb audio, and 6NN for bluetooth HF, i have not seen any other mentioned for this. But as far as i have found it should help set the prod.date to 03/11, but i have seen people say 09/11 to, so i might try that also.

I have read the post you link to, not in detail but i have looked through it several times, will dig deeper!

I am 99% sure the amp is fine, as the pro radio did not make any popping sound before i did sg_reset, and the old radio did not make any pop either. I have also checked the amp a few weeks ago, and it was bone dry and no signs of water.
Also the pop comes when the MOST lights up in the back of the radio, then it turns off, and it turns back on and off, it keeps doing this all the time, and the pop comes every time it lights up.

As i dont have either MULF of COMBOX in my car, i dont even have a mic. So there is no reason for me to have the MOST activated, as i dont need it. I checked the radio file i copied to my computer, and it has the RING_STATUS set to aktive, so i will try to deactivate it. Just hope im able to code it, and that i dont need MOST diagnostics.
I'll give it a try and see what happends!

I will report back, thank you very much!
Appreciate 0