View Single Post
      06-09-2012, 07:58 AM   #217
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam335ix View Post
It's also confirmed it will be lighter... As to price I don't really care since m5 was my first choice but it's too much of a car and m3 will b perfect and cheaper. The M3 starting power is 430 to 450 bhp with similar torque... Once tuned, it will be a beast in all aspect, I think the tuners will be ready to create a few options rather quickly.
i hope it will be lighter. but from what I have read, the goal is to make it no heavier than the outgoing model.

i owned an e9x m3, and definitely hope the new model is lighter. compared to my 135i, the m3, although it gripped much better (especially front end grip) it definitely also felt heavier.

as for the tune, i think it will be no different than the n55. the tunes will come out, but it will take time because of the complex DME design.

i hope it will be a great car, but we will see. i just hope they dont price themselves out of the market like they did with the 5 and 6 series for example.

EDITED TO ADD : thats good for you that price doesnt matter, but it does for most people. We will see if the car is 30k better than a regular 1 or 3 series. I for one am looking forward to a sedan version of the 335is or something like that in a couple years. A bumped up n55 with DCT would be a lot of fun, and likely a good value if BMW doesnt go nuts on the pricing. So far DCT has been a lot of fun with the n55.