01-28-2013, 01:08 AM   #13
tinnsoldaten
Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: e92 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilma View Post
Yeah....I found the stockers held boost just fine.

But the yellow forge springs are a little stiffer, so they feel like they hold boost in the chargepipe a bit longer before cracking open as compared to stockers.

Don't know if thats necessarily a good thing but part throttle feels a little crisper.

Full throttle = no difference from stock DV's.
Throttle modulation is the gain with Forge DVs over stockers. Stiffer springs more play on throttle before boost is bled from CP.

That is what I have understood in regards to aftermarket DVs vs Stock and use of different springs.

And that holding pressure in CP is not damaging the turbos , that happens only if ongoing for long periods. And when you let your foot off the throttle in most cases pressure in CP is bled out thru DVs. If I understand this correct.
Vargas S2 turbos|VAC S3 Cylinder head|RR DPs|RR MPs|Supersprint X pipe|Remus Quad Sport mufflers|aFe Stage 2 Si with scoops|Forge DVs|ER CP|BMS meth elbow|Aquamist HFS-4|Walbro 450 E85 LPFP|AA FMIC|BMS OCC|MHD|P3 Boost Gauge|Ohlins Road & Track + camberplates|M3 sways F/R+ Ground control endlinks|Vorsteiner v303 19"|Michelin PS2 sport|Quaife LSD|Vorsteiner V35 CF hood|CF CLS trunk|Duke Dynamics quad diffusor
Appreciate 0