View Single Post
      05-25-2014, 11:21 PM   #1804
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbanks21 View Post
Any thoughts on this setup for light to medium paint correction (these are all products I already own):
Wash and clay of course
Meguiar's #2 (7/10 on the aggressive scale) with LC Orange
Meguiar's #205 with LC White
Klasse AIO (needed?)
Klasse Sealant
Meguiar's #26 Carnuba Wax
That sounds like a good lineup. I haven't used #2 in a LONG time, but from what I remember it's a pretty decent compound/cutting polish. How well the pad/polish combos perform will depend on your paint, but you should be ok with those. KAIO is a good base for KSG the sealant, so yes I would say go ahead and do a quick pass with it using something mild, like a Blue Lake Country pad. All in all it sounds like a good plan you have lined up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOWER View Post
Just want to say you guys are awesome. Ordered Thursday night, stuff on my door step Saturday morning. Thank you!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo2566 View Post
Any advice on getting this exhaust tip stain out or is it permanent? 90k miles 335i, this is the passenger side. The drivers isn't quite as bad but has some of the same markings. I have tried various cleaners, a metal polish, and some wire brushes. Thank you!
Attachment 1031533
I normally have good luck with steel wool and Mother's or Meguiar's metal polishes, but that does look pretty bad. I can't say I've tried every product out there so I'm not sure if there's a magical solution for it, but I'd try some other things then possibly consult with a local detailer or performance shop to see what they recommend. Wish I could be of more help, but it gets hard recommending stuff over the internet and just looking at pics .

Let us know if you find a good solution and as sheedi said, definitely protect the tips regularly once they're fixed or refinished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxyblue View Post
Hi Ivan,

Just wanted to get your thoughts if I'm using the correct set up.

PC7424 w/Dual Action 5 in hook & loop backing plate
MXT Polishing Foam Pad Cleaner
MXT Polishing Foam Pad Conditioner
CCS Orange 5.5 Cutting Pad w/Chemical Guys V36
CCS White 5.5 Cutting Pad w/Chemical Guys V38
CCS Gray w/Klasse SG

Thanks
It sounds like the right combination but I've never tried the two Chemical Guy's polishes or the pad cleaner and conditioner, so can't really comment on those. I like to apply Klasse SG by hand, but by machine should be fine as well.

Ivan @ DI
Appreciate 0