View Single Post
      05-14-2008, 07:55 PM   #1
iScream
solid @ 153, no, 155mph!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07/'09/'13 335, '16 340ix

Scratch/Gouge in bumper on leased 335i

Hi all, I am new to posting here, but have been lurking for a few years. Not sure if the MO on this board is to start a new thread or resurrect one of the ancient similar ones, so here goes...

I got euro delivery on one of the first 335's and am a little over halfway through my lease, and wouldn't you know it I finally got a small mark on the rear bumper while in a parking lot. I've kept the car immaculate and even preserved the original tires in hopes of either selling for a profit at lease's end or turning it in with no hassles. I've heard horror stories about being charged for using touch-up paint or getting non-dealer body work done come lease inspection time, and was just wondering if there's any truth to it. Also, even though it's a pretty small scratch, it irks me every time I look at it because the car is otherwise perfect, except for a small curb mark on one rim that I've learned to live with. So, in your opinion, what's the best way to cover it up without paying for it when it comes time to sell/return the car? Thanks!
Appreciate 0