View Single Post
      09-09-2018, 06:24 AM   #28
MrSweet1991
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxlude View Post
Dpf's are complete pita but i'd still rather have one than be belching out smoke. My 2006 330d on 130k miles. Emapped 30k miles ago. Kept the dpf but resolved all the faults. Because of the 2x20mile trips i normally only do per week, the dpf gets blocked easily...also seems to be more often since i deflapped it (but at least theres no more kak dribbling down the inlet side of the engine block). I have to take it for a long run and then clear the errors so it can do an active regen. I cant quite seem to get my exhaust gas temps continuously over 240c even driving at mway speeds with electrical consumers on so it doesnt do a passive slow oxidation. But did 340 miles mway trip yday...got it to do an active regen...now idling happily at 7mb exhaust back pressure..oh and 52mpg
Just out of curiousity, you say "kept the dpf but resolved all faults" but then later say "i have to take it for a long run and and then clear the errors so it can do an active regen" what faults are those concidering you rectified them before? Also, did you get before and after dyno results as many people are concerned of conaiderate performance loss compared to a dpf delete map... after hearing BWChiptunes results it seems its not the case at all so would he good to know yours as well. Must be good to know you can pop your car to any MOT garage, theyre really cracking down now haha.
Appreciate 0