View Single Post
      07-21-2018, 03:05 PM   #200
WhatDoIPutHere
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by avought335 View Post
By the way, if anyone reads my previous post, feel free to offer advice!

I was running Cobb Stage 2 Sport (sadly only have 91 octane on tap here in California) with the above mods.

I'm getting smoged this week and figuring F it, I'm good for two years. Plans for some cheap easy gains.

I think the best possible bang/buck would be inlets and down pipes. (esp. since I'm using the stock airbox). VRSF has both for well under a grand. Should really bring some extra power out with the tune I'd imagine. With this ill also upgrade the CP which I'm sure I should've done earlier. Is there any other piping that is prone to leaking boost/failing? I may decide to mess around with adding E85 and running a Stage 2+ 93 octane map, so boost may go up to around 17PSI - nothing too reckless.

ALSO Turbos are 100700 miles old and could go any minute. If I'm having this work done.. ought I to consider a new set o'snails?

Any thoughts are appreciate!
If you have money for snails, I'd say have your fun with the stock ones for now and buy new ones when they go out. Try doing a e30 mix, or e50 if you upgrade your LPFP. You won't get much of a power increase with new turbos if you don't get a custom tune or better fueling.
Appreciate 0